Monday, December 1, 2014

Work Term Update-November 2014

Through the month of November I worked on three major things. I installed and tested the newest version of the check recognition software we use. I fixed some failing unit tests on older versions of passport and I began executing regression tests.

New Check Recognition 

Since I am familiar with setting up drivers I was assigned the task of testing the new version of the check recognition software we use. The version we had been previously using was no longer supported and needed to be upgraded. I installed the new software by closely following a technical document that one of our information engineers put together. This ensured not only that the software could be upgraded but also that the technical instructions were correct and clear. Once the software was installed I scanned a variety of checks and made sure they were recognized correctly. I tested this change on not only the newest version but several previous versions to make sure that you can make the upgrade on any of our supported versions of passport.

Fixing the Failing Unit Tests

In my down time in November I worked on fixing the failing unit tests in many of the older versions of passport. I enhanced my research skills by looking through the subversion check-ins to see what caused the test to fail. I also compared the code to the most recent version (if the tests were passing in the most recent version) to see if it had already been fixed. I'm still working on my coding skills, but I was really happy with the learning progress I made in researching a problem.

Regression Testing

Towards the end of November our regression test cycle began. I was assigned over 300 test cases to execute. I also was assigned some SSE testing to do so it was a challenge to balance the work from both teams. December looks like it will be the same as the end of November, I will be working on testing for both the SSE team and the R&D team.

No comments:

Post a Comment